Wednesday, August 5, 2009

US and British Husbands the Most Likely to Help Around the House

Well, some good news! Recent news reports that a survey by Dr. Almudena Sevilla-Sanz of Oxford found that men in Norway, Sweden, Great Britian, the United States and Northen Ireland are the most likely to do household chores. The author contributes this to the fact that these countries are the most egalitarian, meaning it is more of a social norm for men to contribute to what was traditionally known as "women's work". Rounding out the bottom half were the Netherlands, Ireland, Spain, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, Austria and Australia taking last place.

Luckily for me, my husband is very helpful with both the children and the house. In our house, we have an unspoken agreement. He does the laundry, which I don't like doing, and I do the cooking. He cleans up the dishes, and I do the kids' baths. He walks the dog and I vaccum. It works well for us. Where does your husband fall on the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment